Kanji Dahi Bada
Moong Dal is an essential ingredient in Marwari wedding food. Be it a dessert or a chaat item, moong dal is consumed in various forms in Rajasthan. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe of Kanji Dahi Bada that is surely found in a Marwari wedding thali.Read More
- For Kanji
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fennel powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- coriander leaves mung dal paste
- For preparing Kanji, grind the mustard seeds and add it in a bowl.
- Add fennel powder, red chilli powder, salt, asafoetida, water and mix it well.
- Leave the mixture in the sun for 3 - 4 days so that it turns tangy.
- For preparing Bada, make a rough paste of ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves and soaked mung dal.
- Add the paste in a bowl.
- To the bowl add salt, red chilli powder, asafoetida, coriander powder, mung dal powder.
- Add whole wheat flour, oil and prepare a dough.
- Soak a napkin in water.
- Over the napkin add the paste and make a small puri.
- Deep fry it in the oil until it turns crispy and brown.
- Soak the Dahi Bada in the Kanji and give it a smoky flavour by using a piece of charcoal, cloves and ghee in a bowl.
- In a bowl add curd, milk, black salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, sugar, red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Soak the Bada in the curd mixture.
- Garnish it with tamarind and green chutney, coriander leaves, green chilli and Kanji Dahi Bada is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.