Kancha Kofta By Ajay Chopra
You will not be able to resist yourself after having one bite of this tender kofta made from minced mutton and marinated in a brown onion, raw papaya and ginger garlic paste.Read More
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 onions
- 250 gm minced mutton
- 1 tsp brown onion paste
- 2½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 mace
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamom
- 8 black peppercorns
- 50 gm coconut
- 50 gm chironji seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp curd
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp gram flour
- hardened ghee
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ lemon
- coriander leave
- Procedure to make Kancha Kofta: In a heated pan add ghee, sliced onions and cook until it turns brown.
- In a bowl add minced mutton, brown onion paste, ginger - garlic paste, raw papaya paste and marinate the minced mutton.
- In the onions add mace, cinnamon sticks, black cardamom, green cardamom, black peppercorns and mix it well.
- Add water, ginger - garlic paste in the onion and mix it well.
- In a mixer jar add grated coconuts, chironji seeds, poppy seeds, green cardamom powder, water and grind it.
- Add the paste in the minced chicken and mix it well.
- In the onions add red chilli paste, coriander powder, curd and mix it well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cover the pan with a lid and let the gravy cook on a slow gas.
- In the minced chicken add green cardamom powder, salt, egg yolk and mix it well.
- Add gram flour and mix it well.
- Scoop the hardened ghee and make small balls of it and place it on a plate.
- Wet the hands, prepare balls of minced chicken and stuff it with hardened ghee.
- Refrigerate the chicken.
- Strain the cooked gravy in a bowl.
- In a heated fry pan add ghee, roasted gram flour and cook it.
- Add the gravy in the gram flour and mix it well.
- Add lemon juice and stir the gravy.
- In a heated fry pan add oil and fry the kofta until it turns golden brown.
- Dip the kofta in the gravy.
- To garnish Kancha Kofta add fresh coriander leaves and it is ready to serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.