Kanakeche Dive or wheat flour lamps are prepared in Maharashtrian households during the festive season; the lamps are lighted and worshipped and then are distributed/eaten as Prasad or God’s offerings. Here Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for this traditional sweet. The diyas are sweet, delicate and delicious.Read More
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup semolina
- camphor & jaggery as required
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- In a pan, combine jaggery and water to make a syrup.
- Mix this syrup with wheat flour and semolina and make a dough.
- Shape the dough like an earthen lamp.
- Steam these lamps for 10-12 minutes.
- Keep the lamps in a plate and light a camphor on it.
- Fill the lamp with grated jiggery.
- Pour the melted clarified butter on top of the jaggery and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.