Kalmi Vada By LF Team
Kalmi vada is a traditional, authentic Rajasthani snack. It is made with coarsely ground chana dal (Bengal Gram) which is infused with some aromatic spices. These deep-fried golden-brown balls are crispy and scrumptious and make for a perfect tea-time snack.Read More
- 1 cup soaked bengal gram
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- In a mixer grinder, add soaked Bengal gram and water.
- Grind the dal well until it forms a paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl.
- Add ginger green chilli paste, chopped onions, red chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, fennel seeds and salt. Mix all ingredients well.
- Make small vadas from the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the vadas until they turn golden brown.
- Kalmi Vadas are ready to be served.
Explore our Popular Stories.