KALE VADI SOUVLAKI SERVED WITH VAANGI BHARIT DIP
Kale vadi souvlaki is a Indo-Greek fusion dish. Two popular Maharashtrian dishes served with a greek twist.Read More
- 2 cups of finely chopped kale
- 1 cup yellow mung daal flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp salt; 1 tsp haldi powder; 1 tsp chilli powder; 1 tsp jeera powder
- 2 tbsp oil; 1 tsp jeera; 1tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp eno salt
- 1 red /yellow bell pepper; 1 slice halluomi cheese; two pineapple slices
- Add two cups of kale, spices and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Fold both flours to this mixture, mix well, add about one cup of water to form semi solid batter.
- Next add eno salt and put the batter in an oiled, rectangle, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave this batter for 4 minutes (1000W microwave). Check whether cooked with a toothpick.
- Allow the cooked batter to cool, and empty in a plate. Once cool, cut into square pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil, once hot add the jeera; sesame seeds and chilli powder. Shallow fry the kale vadi squares. You could also bake them in the oven for 15 minutes .
- In the same pan, sauté halloumi cheese.
- Cut pepper and pineapple into squares.
- Arrange kale vadi, halloumi cheese, pepper and pineapple on a skewer.
- Serve with dip of your choice. I have served with vangi (brinjal ) bharit with yogurt dip .
- Enjoy .