Kaju filled poda pitha By Reetanjali Panda
Kaju filled poda pitha
Poda pitha is quite famous in odisha (coconut as important ingredient). If coconut is not available then it's an alternative to make poda pitha with kaju.Read More
- Whole urad dal 1cup (soak for minimum 4hr then grind it to fine paste)
- Rice 2 cup (soak for minimum 4hr then grind it to fine paste)
- Jagerry 2 cup or according to taste
- Salt a pinch of
- Cases nut 2 cups or according to choice
- Mix both paste thoroughly.
- Rest the paste for minimum 4 hours.
- After the resting of batter, mix jagerry and salt.
- Add kaju and mix.
- Heat a pressure cooker and grease it with ghee.
- Add the batter and ensure even distribution.
- Place it on low flame for 15 miCheck by poking a clean knife, if it comes clean switch off the flame.
- Let it cool down, then remove pitha from pressure cookeAnd enjoy Lord Jagannath's favourite food.
- PS: 1.REMOVE WHISTLE AND GASCATE OF PRESSURE COOKER WHILE COOKING.
- PS 2: take care while cooking not to burnt it whole.
- PS 3: batter consistency should be thick like for idli.
- Suggestions: can use banana leaf in pressure cooker or in kadhai as welIf pressure cooker not available then use kadhai.