Dish up lip smacking pumpkin pooris and serve tomato chutney by the side.Read More
- For dough
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1½ cup pumpkin paste
- 2 tsp oil
- For chutney
- 4 green tomatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- black pepper
- 5 to 6 green chillies
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, gram four, salt, carom seeds, pumpkin paste and oil.
- Knead the flour together to form a dough. Once the dough is done, allow it to rest for some time.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough in the shape of a small disc. Deep fry it.
- For the chutney: Cut green tomatoes into two halves and sprinkle salt on them.
- Roast the tomatoes on the grill and transfer them into a baking tray.
- Pour oil and sprinkle crushed black pepper, salt, and add few chillies, into the baking tray.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 to 200 C and bake the tomatoes for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are baked, blend tomatoes, sesame oil, salt, sesame seeds, chopped ginger and water in a blender.
- Blend it until it reaches a fine consistency.
- Transfer it into a bowl. Serve the pooris with the chutney.
- For the plating: Slice green tomatoes, and sprinkle crushed black pepper and oil.
- Add red chillies, cumin powder and salt into the pumpkin mixture and use it to decorate the plate.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.