Kadalai Paruppu Sundal (Bengal Gram / Chana Dal Sundal) By Prabhakar Subramanian
Kadalai Paruppu Sundal (Bengal Gram / Chana Dal Sundal)
A quick and easy to make snack that can be rustled up in a jiffy. Nice snack for a wintery eveningRead More
- Bengal Gram - 200 Gms
- Grated Coconut – 2 Table Spoons
- Mustard - 1 spoon
- Coconut oil - 2 spoon
- Red chillies - 4 nos.
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - a handful
- Salt to taste
- Steam cook the Bengal gram in a cooker (2 whistles).
- In a frying pan heat the coconut oil and allow mustard seeds to sputter.
- Add the red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Transfer the cooked Bengal gram to the frying pan and salt as required.
- Sprinkle grated coconut and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Serve as a hot snack.