Kachche Kaju ke Salaan/ Raw Cashew Curry
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 3
Kachche Kaju(Raw Cashew) which are found in southern Odisha during summer days, we get 1 kg from ₹.250/- to ₹.500/- rupees. This cuisine is made in every house in summer of southern Odisha.Read More
- Kachcha Kaju(Raw Cashew)- 250grms
- oil- 2tblspn
- 3 Big Onion finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste -1tsp
- 5.finely chopped tomato - Big 1
- Turmeric, Chilli powder and Garam Masala powder- 1tsp each
- Dry Kaju(4to5), Coconut( grated 1tblspand Peanuts(9to1paste -2tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 1Salt to taste and 1 green chili
- Heat a pan and add oil heat in medium flame.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute it, till it become golden brown.
- Add Ginger and garlic paste saute till oil release.
- Add the Cashew and add some salt and mix well and cover it for 2 to 3 minutes .
- Then add tomato finely chopped.
- In a bowl take turmeric and Chilli powder and mix it with 2 to 3 tspn water and mix it well then add it on the currMix the curry well and cover it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- When tomato dissolves and release the water add some water and add Garam Masala and cover it.
- For making coconut,cashew and peanuts paste - heat a pan and add some peanuts, and Coconut and saute well in a medium high flame it takes 3 to 4 minutes (keep aside and it has to set on room temperaturCashew was soaked in hot water , strain the water and peanuts, cashew and coconut grind it . Make a fine paste.
- Add the paste on the curry mix it and cover it for 2 minutes .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it.