Kabile kofte By Pallavi Sabharwal
mince pounded stone mortar, infused with dil and stuffed with dried plumsRead More
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 -3 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp green chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 mace
- 3 tbsp dried plum, roughly chopped
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For Gravy - 1 cup onion Paste
- 1 1/2 cup fresh tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- fresh mint
- 1/2 fenugreek Seeds roasted
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds roasted
- cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp black cardamom seed roasted
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- In a stone mortar add chicken mince.
- then add all other ingredients for kofte .
- Except egg and dried plums.
- pound the chicken mince along with all other ingredients till everything grinds and come together .
- transfer the mince mixture in to a bowl .
- add egg and mix well.
- make kofte and stuff dried plum in between .
- Refrigerate the kofte for 1 hour.
- in a wok or deep dish heat oil.
- add onion paste and cook till golden brown .
- then add ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste.
- fry for seconds then add fresh tomato purée .
- cook it till it leaves oil.
- add chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and cook .
- add water and bring to boil, once boiled add refrigerated kofte, salt, once kofte are added don’t stir the gravy until kofte gets firm and cooked.
- Grind the roasted fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and black cardamom seeds in stone mortar .
- Add the roasted spice and simmer.
- Once gravy get thick remove from flame then add garam masala and serve with fresh chopped mint.