Jollof Rice By LF Team
Here is a one-pot meal recipe, from the African cuisine, prepared with rice. Loaded with the flavour of garlic, chilli powder and curry powder, this rice makes a satisfying meal.Read More
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1cup soaked rice
- For the puree: Grind chopped jalapenos, chopped tomatoes and chopped onions in a mixer grinder.
- Blend it into a puree.
- Once it is blended well, remove half of the blended mixture into a bowl and keep the remaining mixture into the grinder.
- Add chopped bell peppers into the blended mixture in the grinder and grind it well.
- Add the blended mixture into the puree in the bowl.
- For the rice mixture: Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add the blended puree, salt, curry powder, red chilli powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin powder, bay leaves, dried thyme, soaked rice and water.
- Mix them well and cook it for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 45 to 50 minutes on the low flame.
- Your Joll of rice is ready to be served.
Explore our Popular Stories.