Chef Gautam Mehrishi transports you to the hilly terrains of Uttarakhand and shows you how to make Jholi, a thick curry made using gram flour and curd. This curry is a treat to your taste buds.Read More
- 5 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 4 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 5 tbsp curd
- olive oil
- 15 spinach leaves
- 10 green garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 spring onions
- In a bowl add gram flour, rice flour and mix it.
- Add salt, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, chopped garlic and mix it. Add water and mix it.
- Add curd, mix it well and leave it.
- In a heated pan add extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop the spinach leaves.
- To the oil add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, green garlic cloves, kashmiri red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add dried red chilli, coriander powder and stir it well.
- Add water into the jholi mixture and add the batter in the pan and mix it well.
- Add water and keep stirring.
- In a bowl add chopped spinach leaves, spring onions, cooked jholi.
- To garnish add spring onions, spinach leaves, roasted fennel seeds, coriander powder and Jholi is ready to serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.