Jhaavay is a traditional recipe prepared by the Uttar Pradesh and Delhi's Baniya community during the girl's Pagh Phera ritual. A ritual when the newly married girl visits her parents' house for the first time post marriage.Read More
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 litre milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp chironje
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
- strands of saffron
- chopped pistachios
- almond Slivers
- For garnish
- chopped dry fruits
- In a bowl add semolina, refined flour and prepare a tight dough.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll it out like a handmade noodle and let it dry in the sun for a few days.
- In a saucepan add milk and let it reduce.
- In a heated pan add ghee, chironje and toast it till it turns brown.
- To the ghee add dry jhaavay and cook it until it turns golden brown.
- Add the boiled milk into the jhaavay, sugar, cardamom powder.
- strands of saffron, almonds silvers, chopped pistachios and mix it well.
- Garnish it with chopped dry fruits and Jhaavay is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.