Jeera Cookies By Sidhartha Chatterjee
An easy and simple cookies or biscuits recipe made with cumin seeds and wheat flour. the uniqueness of these cookies is that it does not contain plain flour, sugar or even jaggery as compared to other cookies recipes. it is an ideal munching snack or coffee snack and should be liked by all age grouRead More
- 50 gms icing sugar(Powdered sugar)
- 100 gms butter
- 200 gms wheat flour
- 1 table spoon cumin seeds
- 1 tea spoon salt
- In a baking tray, take 1 tbsp of cumin seeds and roast them for 3-4 minutes at 350 F degrees or till you get a nice fragrance from them. Set aside.
- In the steel bowl of your stand mixer or using your hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour, salt and 3/4 tbsp of cumin seeds to the butter and icing sugar and mix. Reserve the remaining cumin seeds to sprinkle on top of the cookies. Mix at low speed till the mixture looks smooth and comes together in form of a dough.wash yourhand with ice water. You may add 1-2 tablespoons of milk here if the dough doesn’t come together.
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface or wooden floor and shape the dough like a flat disc.
- Using a roller, roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into different shapes using cookie cutter. I cut them into small round cookies.
- Cover the surface of bow wit a cotton cloath and keep it in fridge for atleat 2 hours to settel it.
- Place the cookies in a baking tray and bake at 350 F degrees for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take them out and reduce the temperature to 325 F and bake the cookies again for 5-6 minutes or till light they are golden brown from sides and also from the bottom.
- Place it in a rack to cool ot naturally.
- Your crispy cookies to ready to eat . Enjoy it with tea or coffee. Dont forget to keep it in a air tight container.