Jauzi Halwa Sohan By Ranveer Brar
Jauzi Halwa Sohan
In Awadhi cuisine, winters are synonymous to halwas. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a traditional Awadhi halwa recipe made using wheatgerm milk, mawa, sugar and ghee. This recipe is a treat for halwa lovers.Read More
- 1 cup sprouts wheat
- 1 litre milk
- 200 ml wheatgerm milk
- 150 gm khoya
- 150 gm sugar
- 100 gm ghee
- 20 gm pistachios
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 1 pinch mace powder
- Make paste of sprouts wheat with 1 cup Water.
- Seive the blended wheat germ through a muslin cloth and keep it aside.
- Boil milk with the wheat germ water till it thickens.
- Add khoya, sugar and saute the mixture.
- Add ghee and keep roasing, keep adding the ghee at regular intervals.
- Add finaly chopped pistachio and mix well.
- Mix it constantly till halwa thickens and leave sides of the pan.
- Add pinch of nutmeg powder, mace powder and mix well.
- Put the halwa in a bowl and garnish with finaly chopped pistachios.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.