Jar Cake By Gautam Mehrishi
Ever seen a cake baked without an oven? Chef Gautam Mehrishi teaches us to bake a cake using a steamer. This jar cake has loads of chocolate, milk and cream in it which is perfect for a lazy Sunday dessert.Read More
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chenna
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 3 tbsp white butter
- 1½ cup milk
- 8 chocolate cream biscuits
- 1 tbsp refined flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- In a bowl add refined flour, baking soda & powder, chenna, olive oil and mix it.
- Add vanilla sugar, white butter, milk and make a batter.
- In another bowl add chocolate cream biscuits, refined flour, white butter and mix it.
- Add vanilla sugar and mix it.
- In the jar add biscuit mixture, milk and batter.
- Layer it with biscuits. Add milk into the batter and pour it in the jars.
- Add chocolate cream biscuits, fresh cream and close the jar with a lid.
- Steam the cake in idli steamer for 15 minutes.
- For garnish add whipped cream, chocolate cream biscuits and Jar Cake are ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.