jalebi By Shivansh Dalela
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 5
Jalebi, also known as zulbia, jilapi, mushabak and zalabia, is an Indian sweet popular all over South Asia, in Egypt and the Middle East. It is made by deep-frying maida flour batter in pretzel or circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup.Read More
1 hr 30 min this include resting time of batter also
- 1 cup maida (wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 4 tablespoons sour dahi (curd)
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 cup of sugar
- 1.5 cup of water
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 tablespoons rose water
- 2 drops of orange food color
- 500 ml of refind oil
- take a mixing bowl , add 1 cup of maida (wheat flour ) and 2 tablespoons of besan gram flour into the bowl.
- then add 2 tablespoons of rice flour and 2 tablespoons of corn flour into the bowl.
- then add 4 tablespoons of sour dahi , mix it until it converted into thick batter .
- then add 1 tsp of yeast and ghee ( clarified butter ).
- now let batter rest for 1 hr.
- mean while take a sauce pan and heat it then add 2 cup of sugar with 1.5 cup of water .
- after sugar dissolve in water add grounded cardamom now switch off the flames add orange food colour now your sugar syrups is ready.
- take suitable khadhai then add 500 ml of oil heat it in high flames.
- meanwhile put your all batter in pipping bag.
- make a cut underneath. in pipping bag then start frying it in circular manner.
- achieve light brown colour then take it from hot oil put that into sugar syrup and soak it for 2 min now take it out and plate it .
- now your jalebi is ready.