Jaisalmeri Kala Chana Kadhi
Normally other kadhis include onion and garlic as main ingredients, but this kadhi will not have any of them. It is a pure satvik dish.Read More
- 1/2 cup Black Bengal Gram (Kala Chana), soaked overnight in water and boiled
- 1 cup Yougurt (Curd/Dahi)
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/4 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pinch asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 chopped green chillies
- Beat the yogurt well to get a smooth consistency.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, gram flour, garam masala powder and salMix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix welSet aside.
- In a pan, heat the ghee on a medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds and wait till they change colour.
- Add asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and green chillSauté for few seconds.
- Add the boiled half crushed & half whole black bengal gram and mix well.
- Add the readied yogurt mixturAdd more water, if the gravy is too thick.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the hot, yummy and delicious Jaisalmeri Kala Chana Kadhi with rice or chapati.