Jaisalmeri Kala Chana Kadhi By Piyush Tripathi
Jaisalmeri Kala Chana Kadhi
Normally other kadhis include onion and garlic as main ingredients, but this kadhi will not have any of them. It is a pure satvik dish.Read More
- 1/2 cup Black Bengal Gram (Kala Chana), soaked overnight in water and boiled
- 1 cup Yougurt (Curd/Dahi)
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/4 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pinch asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 chopped green chillies
- Beat the yogurt well to get a smooth consistency.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, gram flour, garam masala powder and salMix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix welSet aside.
- In a pan, heat the ghee on a medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds and wait till they change colour.
- Add asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and green chillSauté for few seconds.
- Add the boiled half crushed & half whole black bengal gram and mix well.
- Add the readied yogurt mixturAdd more water, if the gravy is too thick.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the hot, yummy and delicious Jaisalmeri Kala Chana Kadhi with rice or chapati.