Jaffna cuisine is heavily influenced by the Tamil culture predominant in this part of Sri Lanka. Here Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for Jaffna Crab Curry, a spicy Sri Lankan curry. This crab curry has crustacean goodness and is hot and spicy.Read More
- For jaffna curry powder
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 7 to 8 nos dried red chillies
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 10 to 12 nos curry leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- For curry
- 3 mud crabs
- 1 to 2 green chillies
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp jaffna curry powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- black peppercorn and coconut paste
- 30 gm drumstick leaves
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- In a heated pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds and roast it.
- Add dried red chillies, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and roast it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder.
- Add the spices in the blender and grind it.
- In the same pan, add oil, curry leaves and roast it.
- Add the curry leaves in the jar.
- Add salt as per taste and grind again.
- Add the same oil in a heated pan.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves.
- Jaffna curry powder, crabs and mix it. Add the paste of coconut, black pepper and cumin seeds and mix it.
- Add drumstick leaves and mix it well. Add coconut milk and stir it.
- Add tamarind pulp, water as required and let it boil.
- Garnish with drumstick leaves, lemon wedge and serve with rice.
Explore our Popular Stories.