IYENGAR RAVA CAKE
Winner - Your Recipe Contest – Baking Edition Fortnight 1
Happiness is baking an egg less cake for your grandparents and seeing the smile on their face while enjoying that scrumptious, moist and wholesome dessert.This rava cake is easy to make with the ingredients available at home.I paired it with buttercream and caramel sauce.Read More
- 130 gms Rava/Semolina
- 20 gms Refined Flour(Maida)
- 100 ml Vegetable Oil
- 80 ml Beaten Curd
- 2 gms Baking Soda(1/4th teaspoon)
- 4 gms Baking Powder(3/4th teaspoon)
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- 100 gms Powdered Sugar
- 1.Collect all your ingredients and keep the oven for preheating at 180 degrees.
- 2.In a mixing bowl, add oil and powdered sugar, mix well.Add beaten curd to it and thoroughly mix it for 5 minutes.
- 3.Add vanilla essence to wet mixture.
- 4.In a separate bowl mix rava, maida, baking soda and baking powder.
- 5.Gradually mix dry ingredients to the wet mixture and form a smooth batter.Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- 6.Grease a 6 inch cake tin with oil and dust some flour.
- 7.Transfer your batter to the greased cake tin and bake it for 30 minutes at 180 degrees in the preheated oven.
- 8.Check whether the cake is baked with a toothpick, if yes then remove from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- 9.For buttercream take 100 gms soft butter, add 100 gms icing sugar to it and mix till creamy texture is formed.Your buttercream is ready.
- 10.For caramel sauce, heat 50 gms sugar in a pan till it gets golden brown, then add 1 cup full fat milk and let it cook at low flame till it gets saucy consistency.Caramel sauce is ready.
- 11.Cover the cake with buttercream and pour caramel sauce on top.Your Iyengar rava cake is ready.Enjoy!.