Irish Soda Bread By Aamna Qaisar
Irish Soda Bread
For all bread enthusiasts, this recipe is very easy to make and gets done quicky as well!Read More
- 420 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 515 g all purpose flour (4 and a half cu
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon (70unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 204 degree celsius. Grease the baking tray and set aside.
- Whisk buttermilk anf egg together and set aside. Whisk flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt in a bowl. Cut in the butter using a fork or your finger. Mix the dough until into coarse crumbs. Pour in the buttermilk/egg mix. Fold the dough together until it is too stiff to stir. With floured hands on a lightly floured surface, work the dough for a minute. If the dough is sticky, add more flour.
- Transfer the doigh into baking tray. Put some flour on top and Score the dough as you like it. Bake it for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it yo cool for 10 minutes. Ta-daaa your bread is ready.