Upma is a traditional south Indian breakfast dish. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares an amazing recipe for this classic dish by using her instant upma mix. The upma full of spices, herbs, peanuts and cashews which is mildly tempered is savoury and yummy.Read More
- 2 1/2 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp split black gram
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- curry leaves
- 8 - 10 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 1 cup semolina
- roasted peanuts
- In a heated pan, add clarified butter, Bengal gram and let it roast until it turns golden brown. Add split black gram and let it turn golden.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let them pop. Switch off the gas and add curry leaves. Add the mixture in a bowl.
- In the same pan, fry the cashew nuts and add them in the bowl.
- In the same pan, add ghee, finely chopped ginger and saute. Add finely chopped green chilli and let it cook. Add semolina and roast it on a slow flame.
- Switch off the gas and salt. Add the mixture in the bowl. Add crushed peanuts and mix it. Let it cool down.
- For instant upma, add boiling water in a bowl. Add the upma mix. Cover it with a lid for 6 minutes.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.