Instant Sooji Uttapam By Know How
Instant Sooji Uttapam
During the lockdown, since we all are at home, cooking something which is not only delicious, but also easy to digest will be the best idea. Instant Sooji Uttapam is one of such recipes. It's easy to cook and the ingredients are easily available to prepare this recipe.Read More
- Sooji/Semolina 1 Cup
- Dahi/Curd 1 Cup
- Finely chopped onion half cup
- Finely chopped tomato half cup
- Finely chopped capsicum half cup
- one green chili finely chopped
- Chat Masala half tea spoon
- red chili powder quarter teaspoon (optional)
- Salt as per the taste
- a little bit of mustard seeds
- water as required to prepare the batter
- 2 spoon full of desi ghee for cooking
- Take sooji/semolina in a bowl and add curd, green chili, chat masala, salt, and red chili powder (optionain it.
- With the help of a whisk, mix it well.
- Slowly add water and prepare a batter like of pakodas/fritters.
- Rest the batter for at least 15-20 mins.
- After 15-20 mins, check the batter. Add water if required and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick tava or pan and grease it with a little bit of desi ghee and spread a few mustard seeds over it.
- Keep the stove flames low and Pour 2 tablespoon batter on the tava/pan and give a little thicker round shape with a spoon.
- mix the chopped onion, tomato, and capsicum and season it with a little bit of salt.
- Spread the vegetables on the top side of the uttapam and sprinkle few drops of desi ghee over it. Press the vegetables slightly to bind them with batter.
- Let it cook for 1-2 mins on low flames. once it is cooked, from the bottom side, flip the uttapam and cook again for 1-2 mins.
- Your instant sooji uttapam is ready. Serve it with Coconut Chutni, Tomato Sauce or as per your choice.
- If you want, instead of spreading the vegetables over the uttapam, you may add them in the batter itself.
- You may add any vegetable of your choice.
- I use desi ghee to make it healthier. you may use any cooking oil of your choice.