Instant carrot kheer/ payasam By Jennifer Anne Fedora
Instant carrot kheer/ payasam
Carrot keeps the body cool during summerRead More
- Carrot 2 medium
- Almond 15
- Milk 2 cups
- Condensed milk 4 tbsp
- Cardamom powder 1 pinch
- Saffron 1 strand
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Cashew 6 chopped
- Raisins 6 chopped
- Pressure cook the carrots with about half cup of water for three whistles . Leave the carrot to cool down.
- Soak the almonds in water for one hour and peel the skin.
- Once carrot cools down add carrot and almonds in mixie along with little water and grind to a smooth paste .
- In a pan add ghee Carrot almond paste and sauté in medium flame for three minutes until raw smell is gone .
- Now add milk in the pan mix well and let the milk come to a boil and thick.
- Once it boil add condensed milk , cardamom powder and saffron strandLet it boil another five minutes until thickens .
- Turn off the flame let it cool down completelThen refrigerate for one houGarnish with cashew and raisins before serving.