Indo-italian mushroom calzone pockets By Prathiba
Indo-italian mushroom calzone pockets
This is a delicious pizza pockets stuffed with mushroom masala made from south indian spices topped with oregano nd cheese for Italian touchRead More
Dough preparation- 2hours,45mins for the preparation of pockets
- Warm milk 1/2cup(1 cup = 240ml)
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- All purpose flour -1+1/2cup
- Mushroom one packet
- Onion -2
- Ginger garlic paste -1/TSP
- Garam masala-1/3tsp
- Pepper powder -1tsp
- Chilly powder -1/4tsp
- Corn flour + all purpose -2tsp one spoon each
- Little capcicum
- mozerilla cheese
- 1/2 garlic pods
- Milk or egg beaten for applying on top of the pockets
- For dough /base.
- Take warm milk (slightly warm),add sugar and yeast and wait for 5-10mins .
- Take all purpose flour ,salt,olive oil,and add the yeast mixture and 1/2egg beaten and combine together.
- Let it sit and raise for 1-2 hours.
- Inner mushroom stuffing.
- In a pan ,add little oil/butter, add chopped garlic, onion, tomato, little salt and cook.
- Add all the spices, mix well and cook for sometime.
- Meanwhile cut the mushrooms and mix with corn flour and all purpose flour.
- Add to the gravy mixture and sprinkle oregano.
- Cook in high flame for 5-10mins.
- Making of pockets.
- Knead the dough and make small balls and roll like a roti..
- Apply pizza sause.
- Fill with mushroom masala.
- Top up with cheese nd few finely chopped capcicum.
- Close the pockets from one end to other and press with fork.
- Place in the greased pan and bake in the pre heated otg for 20mins.and broil for 2-5mins.
- Note: when making the pockets the otg can be pre heated at 200degree celcius.
- Egg or milk wash the pockets before placing in the otg.