Indian Apple Pickle By Gautam Mehrishi
Indian Apple Pickle
Pickles form an important part of Indian meals. This apple pickle will enhance your dining pleasure.Read More
- 3 green apples
- 2 red apples
- 2 to 3 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp green chillies
- 3 to 4 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white lentils
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
- 1 to 2 tsp lime juice
- Wash and clean the apples needed for making the pickle.
- Cut the green and red apples into small pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix well a little turmeric powder, asafoetida, dry mango powder, salt, red chilli powder, chopped green chillies and oil, to make the masala for the apple pickle.
- Add the chopped apple pieces to the bowl and let them marinate in the masala.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add white lentils, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Next add the marinated apple pieces.
- Drizzle a few drops of lemon juice over the mix and gently blend it.
- Once cooked, transfer the pickle to an oil coated vessel.
- Sprinkle a little oil on top of the pickle.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.