Imam Bayildi & Haydari Dip
Imam Bayildi is a Turkish eggplant dish. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for this dish in which the eggplant is covered with a delicious mixture of onions and tomatoes cooked in olive oil. The eggplant is tender and crispy, and the stuffing is flavourful.Read More
- For eggplant
- 1 large eggplants
- olive oil frying
- one pinch nutmeg.
- For making imam bayaldi
- 2 tbsp olive oil/jaitun ka tel
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tsp processed cheese
- 1 tbsp dill leaves(chopped)/ shepu
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a bowl, add salt as per taste, water and dip the eggplants into it.
- Squeeze the water out of eggplant and add it in the bowl.
- In a heated pan, add olive oil, chopped garlic and saute. Add chopped onion and fry it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and toss it. Add water and mix.
- Shallow fry the eggplant in a pan.
- Add the fried eggplant in a tray.
- Add grated nutmeg. Add the tomato mixture, caster sugar, pine nuts and bake it in the oven at 160'C for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add hung curd, cream cheese, processed cheese and mix it well.
- Add dill leaves, parsley leaves, grated garlic and mix it well.
- Add the eggplant on a plate. Garnish with herbs, olive oil and the dip.
Explore our Popular Stories.