Hot & Sweet Spicy Mango Pickle By Sumita Saha
Hot & Sweet Spicy Mango Pickle
This Hot and Sweet spicy mango pickle is very tasty and can be accompanied with roti, parathas etc. It can be kept without preservatives for over 1 year. So everyone must try this pickle at home during mango season!Read More
- Peeled Raw Mango: 500 gms
- Jaggery: 500 gms
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Dry Red chilli: 8-10 pcs
- Cumin Seeds: 2 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds: 1 tbsp
- In a pan, add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, dry chillies and dry roast them and make a coarse powder. The pickle masala is ready.
- Then cut the mango in small pieces.
- Boil 1-litre water in a saucepan. After the water starts boiling add the mango pieces and blanch for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, drain the water with the help of a strainer.
- Then in a pan, add 500 gms jaggery. When the jaggery is melting then add the blanched mangoes.
- Now add turmeric and salt and stir properly. Keep your gas flame low-medium and continue to stir.
- After 20-25 minutes of stirring, when the mixture of mango and jaggery becomes thick and then add and mix the roasted powder masala.
- Your Hot & Sweet Mango Pickle is ready!!! When the pickle cools down to room temperature fill it in a clean glass bottle/container. This pickle has a shelf life of over 1 year without the need of refrigerator!.