Hot n' Spicy Little Millet
Little millet or moraiyo, saame, kutki, halvi, sama etc. as known in India, are cereal grains that are rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. These aide in weight loss as they increase satiety, gluten-free, and give energy to the body. This recipe is quick and tasty, even for kids!Read More
- Little millet(saame, sam- 1 cup
- Onion chopped - 1 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Green chillies, chopped - 2
- Mustard seeds (ra- 1/2 tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Ching's Red chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
- Haldi - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Juice of half a lemon with 1/4 tsp sugar mixed
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Wash, rinse, and then soak the little millet for 2 hours.
- Then keep water only till it covers the soaked millets and remove excess wate.
- Pressure cook the millets for 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, jeera, chana dal, urad da.
- Add chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and stir.
- Add haldi, red chilli powder, and stir.
- Add the millets and stir.
- Add Ching's red chilli sauce, salt, and stiYou may sprinkle water if needed.
- Add juice of half a lemon mixed with sugar and give quick stir.
- Switch ofCover with lid until served ho.