Honey Lime Fantails By Gautam Mehrishi
Honey Lime Fantails
These honeyed muffins with a dash of lime not only make great eye candy but are also light and perfect for anyone craving a sweet and sour dessert. Watch on to learn to make Honey Lime Fantails.Read More
- 1½ cup self-rising flour
- 5 - 6 tbsp fermented yeast
- rock salt to taste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp melted
- black pepper powder
- buttermilk as required
- 1 lemon
- olive oil for greasing
- honey lime dressing
- icing sugar
- In a bowl add refined flour, the mixture of fermented yeast, milk, sugar and salt.
- Add rock salt, sugar and mix it well.
- Add melted white butter, honey, black pepper powder, milk and prepare a dough.
- Add the dough in a bowl and leave it to prove for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Rub the dough on the lemon juice, dust flour over it and roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
- Trim the dough from sides and cut it into long strips.
- Brush buttermilk over it. Sprinkle flour over the stripes of dough and place the strips of dough over each other.
- Trim the edges of it and cut it into small pieces.
- To the muffin tin brush olive oil and dust flour over it.
- To the layers of dough add slices of lemon and place it in the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle sugar, rock salt and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 170' C for 10 - 12 minutes.
- For garnish add honey - lime dressing, icing sugar, lemon wedges and Honey lime fantails are ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.