Honey Cake ! By Divya OmPrakash
Honey Cake !
With a twist of beetroot glazeRead More
- Maida - 2½ cups
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Milk - 2 cups
- Condensed milk - ½ cup
- Oil - ½ cup
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence- 2 tsp
- Vinegar - 1½ tsp
- For the glaze :
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Honey - 5 tbsp
- Jam - 100 gms
- Beetroot juice - 4 tbsp
- For the cake : .
- Mix the wet ingredients together till combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients into this and fold gently.
- Mix well to form a smooth lump free batter.
- Pour this into a greased 9" rectangular tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven @180°C for 40-45 mins.
- For the glaze : .
- Heat water in a pan .
- When it bubbles, add sugar and mix well till it dissolves.
- Add honey and jam to the mixture.
- Add beetroot juice ( helps in enhancing flavor and gives a deep red color to the glaz.
- Mix well till you get a smooth syrup like consistency. When done, cool it off before you top this on the cake.
- Poke the prepared and cooled down cake with a fork.
- Dip the cake in a water-sugar solution for an additional spongy and juicy texture. (Optiona.
- Spoon the glaze on the cake, cover it up with dessicated Coconut.
- Pipe with buttercream or serve as is.
- Honey cake with a twist of beetroot glaze is ready ! .