Homemade Colourful Pasta By Shazia Khan
Homemade Colourful Pasta
While mothers wish to feed spinach and carrots to their kids, the kids love eating pasta. Chef Shazia Khan shares a recipe that perfectly balances health and taste. This pasta recipe will make mom and kid happy.Read More
- For pasta dough
- Beet root
- 200 gm Wholewheat Flour
- Whisked eggs
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Semolina Flour for dusting
- For tossing pasta
- Olive oil
- Finely chopped garlic
- Red chilli flakes
- Black pepper powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Italian basil leaves for garnish
- Blanch spinach by adding washed spinach in boiling water for a minute Add it in cold water Grind it to make puree.
- Boil beetroot and after it cools down make a puree out of it. Boil pumpkin and add saffron to it. Once cooled down make puree.
- In a bowl, take wholewheat flour and make a bay in the centre. Add whisked eggs (Can avoid if vegetarian).
- Add beetroot puree and salt Knead by taking olive oil in hand and make a stiff dough .
- Kneed for around 4-5 minutes. Cover it with a muslin cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes .
- Make Spinach and pumpkin dough the same way. Using flour, roll out very thin rotis Set a pot of water on gas to boil.
- Cut thin stips of rotis using a pizza cutter. Dust the strips with flour so that it doesn’t stick together. Similarly roll all of them and add it to boiling water.
- In a couple of minutes, take out the strips from the boiling water and transfer it to ice cold water. Let the pasta srtips rest in cold water for a minute and transfer in a bowl, so that its not over soaked.
- Make spinach and pumpkin pasta the same way.
- In a pan, add olive oil, garlic, red chilli flakes, black pepper powder and pastas Toss everything together.
- Season it with salt and basil leaves Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over it and toss.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.