Who would have thought eating Ethiopian food would be possible, let alone baking Ethiopian bread! That dream will soon be a reality after you learn to bake the sweet Himbasha.Read More
- 600 gm all purpose flour
- 50 ml melted butter
- 55 gm castor sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml water
- 10 gm activated yeast
- 1-2 olive oil
- In a bowl add refined flour, melted butter, castor sugar, salt and cardamom powder.
- Add oil, water, activated yeast and prepare a dough.
- In a bowl add olive oil and leave the dough to prove with a covered piece of cloth for 30 - 35 minutes.
- On a baking tray drizzle olive oil and place the dough in it.
- Cut the dough into slices and prick it using a fork.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180' C for 20 minutes and Himbasha is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.