Healthy Paneer Makhani With California Walnuts
Its an easy and healthy recipeRead More
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 Kashmiri Red chilli
- 1/3 cup California walnuts
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp ghee or olive oil
- 2 green chili
- 1tsp honey
- 1/4- 1/3 cup whisked cup
- A pinch of garam masala
- 1 tsp tosted Kasuri Methi
- 300 grams paneer and non vegetarians can add chicken instead
- 1 tsp butter
- Cut tomatoes and onion in quater.
- Take a pan add tomatoes and onion. Add in garlic, ginger, Kashmiri red chili, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, jeera and add about 200 ml water.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Now add the California walnuts and cook for another 4-5 mins.
- Switch off the gass and let the mixture cool down properly. Grind it to a very fine paste.
- Seive the paste and you will get a fine smooth gravy.
- Now in the same pan add ghee+ butter or olive oil+ butter and add the slit green chillie and some ginger julliens. Saute them for half a minute.
- Now add the healthy California walnuts makhani gravy to it.
- Adjust the seasoning. Add the hiney or if not available then add sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk the curd well. Simmer the gas flame. Add the curd to the gravy.
- Cook the gravy for 3-4 minutes. Add panner cubes to it. If using chicken instead then saute the chicken separately before adding to the gravy.
- Finish the recipe by adding garam masala and toasted kasuri methi to it. Mix well.
- This optional as 1 tsp butter can be added in the end to adjust the buttery flavour. Garnish with the cream and serve hot.