Haleem By Rakhee Vaswani
Haleem is a mixture of two dal and mutton which is cooked in desi ghee in a pressure cooker. This stew is similar to dal ghost. It also has a lot of spices infused in it which makes this recipe mouthwatering.Read More
- Ghee as required
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- black peppercorns as required
- 1 clove
- 1 cup soaked split Bengal gram
- 1 cup soaked split red lentil
- 1 cup soaked broken wheat
- turmeric as required
- red chilli powder as required
- salt to taste
- coriander seed powder as required
- water as required
- bay leaves
- 2 - 3 green cardamoms
- chopped onions
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- mutton pieces as required
- mutton stock
- fried onions as required
- chopped coriander leaves
- ginger juliennes as required
- boiled egg
- lemon wedge
- Procedure to make Haleem: In a heated pan add ghee, cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns and clove.
- Add soaked split Bengal gram, red lentil and broken wheat.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder and stir it.
- Add water and let it cook.
- In a heated pressure cooker add ghee, bay leaves, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns, chopped onions and mix it.
- Add ginger - garlic paste, mutton pieces and stir it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and let it cook.
- Add mutton stock and pressure cook it.
- Mash the cooked dal.
- Add the mutton pieces in a pan.
- To the gravy add dal mixture and mash it.
- Add fried onions, chopped coriander & mint leaves, garam masala, ghee and mix it.
- Add ginger juliennes and mix it.
- To garnish add chopped mint leaves, fried onions, boiled eggs, lemon wedge, slit green chillies, ginger juliennes, chopped coriander leaves and Haleem is ready to serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.