Gulukand Diwali Pataka
Enjoy the sweet, distinct taste of gulkand with this quick fix sweet and indulge in it on festive occasions. Serve the Gulukand Diwali Pataka to your guests and they will keep coming back to you for more.Read More
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 5 - 8 cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp coconut desiccated
- 2 tbsp gulkand
- 4 - 5 betel leaves
- Heat a pan and add some khoya. Once the khoya releases oil, set it aside in a bowl.
- Once the khoya is at room temperature, add castor sugar, desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Add green cardamom seeds and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Make lemon sized balls from the prepared mixture. Make a cavity at the centre of the ball and fill it with gulkand. Carefully close the cavity and roll it into a ball again.
- Cut a betel leaf in any desired shape and using a toothpick, attach it to the khoya ball. Garnish with some gulkand and eat.
Explore our Popular Stories.