Gulra And Susrot are popular Kashmiri sweets that are made during special occasions like weddings. You can also make these delicacies in your kitchen with Chef Ranveer Brar's recipe.Read More
- For susrot
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 50 gm sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 10 to 15 raisins
- 10 cashewnuts
- 10 almonds
- For gulra
- ½ cup semolina
- 4 tbsp ghee
- Mix refined flour, desiccated coconut,suga, fennel seeds, ginger powder and mix well.
- Add finely chopped raisins, chopped cashewnuts, chopped almonds.
- Add water to make tight dough and rest aside for 5 minutes.
- Grease palm with ghee and speard dough in 1 inch thick round shape.
- Use a ring cutter to cut round shape.
- Fry the flettened dough in medium hot ghee and shallow fry.
- Place semi circle wedges of dry coconut on top of dough fry on low flame.
- Insert same size coins in Susrot as per tradition.
- Melt ghee and roast semolina on low heat till it is white in colour and remove from the pan.
- Add ghee in the same pan and fry chopped dry fruits.
- Put the fried dry fruits in the semolina. Add castor sugar and mix. Add a pinch of salt and toss.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.