Gulra And Susrot By Ranveer Brar
Gulra And Susrot
Gulra And Susrot are popular Kashmiri sweets that are made during special occasions like weddings. You can also make these delicacies in your kitchen with Chef Ranveer Brar's recipe.Read More
- For susrot
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 50 gm sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 10 to 15 raisins
- 10 cashewnuts
- 10 almonds
- For gulra
- ½ cup semolina
- 4 tbsp ghee
- Mix refined flour, desiccated coconut,suga, fennel seeds, ginger powder and mix well.
- Add finely chopped raisins, chopped cashewnuts, chopped almonds.
- Add water to make tight dough and rest aside for 5 minutes.
- Grease palm with ghee and speard dough in 1 inch thick round shape.
- Use a ring cutter to cut round shape.
- Fry the flettened dough in medium hot ghee and shallow fry.
- Place semi circle wedges of dry coconut on top of dough fry on low flame.
- Insert same size coins in Susrot as per tradition.
- Melt ghee and roast semolina on low heat till it is white in colour and remove from the pan.
- Add ghee in the same pan and fry chopped dry fruits.
- Put the fried dry fruits in the semolina. Add castor sugar and mix. Add a pinch of salt and toss.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.