Gulmohar Karela By Rakhi Budhwar
It's an appetizer made out of karela the most uncommon and disliked vegetable in our country. It came as a special dish to me as it's a dish made out of mostly leftovers in my fridge and now that the lock down was in effect you think of using whatever you have.Read More
- 500 gms Bitter Gourd (Karela)
- 250 gms Paneer
- 10-15 Kishmish
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp chat masala
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp Saunf
- mustard oil
- 1-2 tbsp turmeric powder
- Softly peal the Karela.
- Cut them open in half to remove the seeds.
- Soak the Karelas in a mixture of turmeric powder and salt water for an hour .
- Squeez the Karela and put them to the process of shallow frying .
- Once the Karela's develop a light brown coating take the out of the frying pan and let the sit out on a plate to cool for about 5-7 minutes .
- Meanwhile mash the paneer with salt chopped onions, coriander leaves & Kishmish .
- Take the paneer filling and stuff it in the Karela's .
- Now heat a pan with 1-2 tbsp mustard oil and add some Saunf in it .
- Once you hear the crackling sound add the stuffed karelas in to the pan.
- Let the cook for about 6 minutes .
- Serve them hot .