Green Tomato Tofu Bake By Ranveer Brar
Green Tomato Tofu Bake
This tofu recipe combined with tomatoes can let you be creative and make a pleasantly satisfying, vegetarian meal. This recipe is worth trying and can let you make use of the green tomatoes in the best possible way.Read More
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 green tomatoes
- 3 onions
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 250 gm tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 red tomatoes
- 100 gm tofu
- black pepper
- ½ cup nylon sev
- fried curry leaves
- fried red chillies
- Procedure to make Green Tomato Tofu Bake: In two heated pans add olive oil.
- On a chopping board slice green tomatoes, onions.
- In a heated frying pan add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, sliced onions and mix it.
- Add freshly chopped ginger and mix it.
- In another heated frying pan add nigella seeds, fennel seeds, tofu and mash it.
- Once the onions are cooked add sliced green tomatoes, salt.
- Add turmeric powder in tofu.
- Add sugar in tomatoes and mix it well.
- In an empty ramekin, add tofu at the bottom.
- Add vinegar in the green tomatoes.
- Add diced tomatoes, sliced tofu and toss it.
- Add crushed black pepper, salt and cover the pan with lid till they are cooked.
- Add green tomatoes in the ramekin, tofu, nylon sev and bake it in the preheated oven for 3 - 4 minutes at 180' C.
- Once baked garnish it with fried curry leaves, fried red chilli, place it on a platter, add sunflower sprouts and Green Tomato Tofu Bake is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.