Gond and Dryfruit Panjiri Tart By Pankaj Bhadouria
Gond and Dryfruit Panjiri Tart
Panjiri is synonymous to Punjab. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria gives a twist to this tradition sweet and makes Gond and Dryfruit Panjiri Tart. This can be a perfect dessert after a Sunday lunch during winters.Read More
- 4 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 cup edible gum
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup lotus seeds
- 2 tbsp dried & sliced coconut
- 1 tbsp melon seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- For tart shell
- 1 - 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- pink salt as per taste
- In a heated pan, add desi ghee and let it melt.
- Add edible gum and saute.
- Remove the edible gum in a plate.
- In the same pan, add ghee and let it heat.
- Add almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, lotus seeds and roast it on slow flame.
- Add dried & sliced coconut, melon seeds, poppy seeds and mix it.
- In a blender jar, add roasted dry fruits, edible gum, dry ginger powder and blend it.
- In a heated pan, add ghee and let it melt.
- Add whole wheat flour and roast it on a slow flame until it turns brown.
- Switch off the gas and add brown sugar powder.
- Add the dry fruit mixture and mix it well.
- For tart shells, add whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add desi ghee and mix it.
- Add pink salt as per taste, water and prepare a dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Dust some flour and roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough into circles using a cookie cutter.
- Add the dough in the tart mould.
- Prick it using a fork.
- Add a piece of foil in the tart shell.
- Add beans over it and seal it.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 190'C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bean bag and bake it again for 10 minutes.
- Let the tart cool down.
- Unmould it.
- Fill it with Panjiri.
- In a heated pan, add brown sugar and caramelise it.
- Add walnuts and mix it.
- Garnish with caramelised walnuts and serve it.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.