Maria Goretti shows you how to make some wonderful sweet Goan bread called the Goan Poee. This bread is perfect for your next tea time. So sit back and enjoy this recipe.Read More
- 600 gm whole wheat flour
- 450 gm all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1tsp ajwain
- 1-2 tsp black and white sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour and refined flour, Add dried yeast, warm water, salt and leave it to activate.
- To the flour, add salt, ajwain, water, activated yeast and prepare a dough.
- In a bowl leave the dough to prove covering it with a wet muslin cloth for 20 - 25 minutes.`.
- Roll out the dough in small circular shapes.
- To the baking tray smear oil. Place the dough in the tray and add black & white sesame seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil over it and leave it to prove with a wet muslin cloth for 10 minutes.
- Bake the Poee in a preheated oven at 200' C for 10 - 12 minutes.
- To garnish add butter and Goan Poee is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.