Goan Fish Curry By Rakhee Vaswani
Goan Fish Curry
Goa is known for its pristine white beaches, it's night life and also for the spicy, tangy, Goan fish curry! Watch this if you’re longing for a slice of Goa!Read More
- slices of pamphlet fish
- 6 to 7 soaked and deseeded red kashmiri chilli
- 2 tsp roosted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 cloves
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 sliced medium onion
- cup of fresh grated coconut
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- stock as required
- drizzle of oil
- cup of chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp of tomato puree
- pinch of turmeric powder
- pinch of red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 ½ cup of stock cup of coconut milk
- kokam water and 2 slices of wet kokam
- sprinkle of chopped coriander
- sprinkle of chopped green chilli
- chopped coriander and slit green chillies for garnish
- In a blender add soaked Kashmir chillies, roasted coriander seeds, roasted cumin seeds, clove, cinnamon, crushed black pepper, sliced onions, fresh grated coconut, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and stock.
- To make paste: In a pan add oil, chopped onion, tomato puree, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and salt.
- In a pan pour oil fry marinated fish, add coconut milk, soaked kokam pieces, chopped coriander, chopped green chillies, fried fish and stir it well.
- Serve it with goan brown rice.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and sliced green chillies.
- Goan fish curry is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.