Ginger Sweet Potato Dal with Coconut Leeks By Gautam Mehrishi
Ginger Sweet Potato Dal with Coconut Leeks
This Ginger Sweet Potato Dal With Vegetable Leeks makes for the perfect vegetable stew on a cold winter's night and is made using ginger and raw turmeric as its main ingredients.Read More
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 inch turmeric
- ¼ cup sliced leeks
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup soaked split red lentils
- 1½ water
- 1 julienned leek
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup soya chunks
- ½ sweet potato
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- fresh parsley
- Dice ginger and turmeric.
- In a heated pan add oil, chopped ginger, chopped turmeric and leeks. Add salt, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and stir it.
- Add soaked spilt red lentils in water.
- Chop the leeks.
- In a heated pan add oil, soya chunks and let it toast.
- To the dal add sweet potatoes and mix it.
- Remove the toasted soya chunks from the pan.
- In the same pan add nigella seeds, sesame seeds, chilli flakes and stir it well. Add leeks and mix it.
- To the daal add roasted crushed soya chunks and mix it well.
- For garnish add parsley leaves, crumbled soya chunks, coconut leeks, chilli flakes and crushed ginger.
- Ginger Sweet Potato Dal with Coconut Leeks is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.