Ginger Sweet Potato Dal with Coconut Leeks
This Ginger Sweet Potato Dal With Vegetable Leeks makes for the perfect vegetable stew on a cold winter's night and is made using ginger and raw turmeric as its main ingredients.Read More
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 inch turmeric
- ¼ cup sliced leeks
- 4 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup soaked split red lentils
- 1½ water
- 1 julienned leek
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup soya chunks
- ½ sweet potato
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- fresh parsley
- Dice ginger and turmeric.
- In a heated pan add oil, chopped ginger, chopped turmeric and leeks. Add salt, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and stir it.
- Add soaked spilt red lentils in water.
- Chop the leeks.
- In a heated pan add oil, soya chunks and let it toast.
- To the dal add sweet potatoes and mix it.
- Remove the toasted soya chunks from the pan.
- In the same pan add nigella seeds, sesame seeds, chilli flakes and stir it well. Add leeks and mix it.
- To the daal add roasted crushed soya chunks and mix it well.
- To garnish add parsley leaves, crumbled soya chunks, coconut leeks, chilli flakes, crushed ginger.
- Ginger Sweet Potato Dal with Coconut Leeks is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.