Ginger chutney By LF Team
This ginger chutney is intensely flavoured, sweet, spicy and tangy. It serves as the perfect accompaniment for South Indian dishes like idlis or dosas, besides being used in chaats and sandwiches or as a dip for various snacks. This hot and spicy Ginger Chutney will make you go crazy.Read More
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp methi seeds
- 5 dried red chillies
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1 tsp tamarind pulp
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6-8 curry leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan add urad dal, cumin seeds, pepper powder, methi seeds and dried red chillies.
- Make sure you roast all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients into a mixer grinder.
- Add chopped ginger, jaggery, tamarind pulp, salt and water.
- Grind the mixture till you get a smooth chutney paste.
- Remove the chutney paste from the mixer grinder into a bowl.
- On the other-hand, heat oil in a saucepan, roast mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, curry leaves and dried red chillies.
- Top off the chutney in the bowl with these roasted ingredients.
- You can eat this chutney fresh, or refrigerate it for later.
- It will stay fresh for a couple of days.
Explore our Popular Stories.