Ghevar with Rose Coconut Rabdi
"Ghevar" is a Rajasthani sweet... I made "Ghevar" & served it with a twist... I served it with "Rose Coconut Rabdi" which is my own thought.!Read More
- Ingredients for Rabdi
- 500 ml- milk
- 200 gms- sugar
- 2 tbsp- grated dry coconut
- 2 tbsp- gulkand
- 2-3 drops- pink food color
- 2-3 drops- rose essence
- 2 tbsp- chopped pistachio
- 2 tbsp- chopped almonds
- Ingredients for Ghevar
- 3-4- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup- ghee
- 1 & 1/8 cup- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp- gram flour
- 1 tbsp- lemon juice
- 500ml- cold water
- Ghee for deep fry
- For finishing of The Ghevar
- ¼ cup- sugar syrup (consistency like gulab jamun chashni)
- Method to make rabadi.
- Turn on the gas and take non stick pan and boil milk.
- After milk boiled add pink food color,gulkand,dry coconut,sugar and rose essence& mix well.
- Once milk is thicken like rabdi turn off the flame and add almonds and pistachio in Rabdi.
- Put the Rabdi aside to cool down.
- Method to make Ghevar.
- Take a bowl add ice cubes and ghee in it. Cream the ghee using hands making sure the ghee gets cold with ice.
- Now add maida and gram flour with little water in ghee mixture and whisk it well.
- Now add remaining water and lemon juice in batter and make thin batter.
- Put the batter in freeze for 20-25 minutes.
- Once ghee gets hot enough, place the round mould in ghee vessel and pouring the batter inside the mound. Make little space in the centre so it becomes easy to move the ghevar. Pour the batter every 10-15 seconds, from a little height,only in the centre of the pan.
- Once ghevar is done add some hot ghee on top of the ghevar.
- Now take a rod and release the ghevar out of the ghee.
- Put the ghevar aside to cool down. Now pour sugar syrup on top of the ghevar.
- Garnish the "Ghevar" with some chopped almonds and pistachio and make a rossette on top with pink whip cream & Serve it with Chill "Rose Coconut Rabdi".