Ghevar By Shruti Baviskar
Ghevar is the most famous dessert of Rajasthan. Also you find on the streets of Lucknow, Delhi, Haryana, Madhya pradesh etc. It is traditionally served on the festival of Teej. It was a circle shaped deep fried dessert were the disc shaped mould is used for frying.Read More
- Refined flour 300gm
- Ghee 100gm
- Ghee for frying 2kg
- Sugar 500gm
- Mava 100gm
- Pistachios 25gm
- Mix together flour and ghee which is 100gm.
- Add ice cubes ⅔ at a time and cream the mixture well.
- Add additional water or ice cubes, cream well to get a smooth pouring consistency batter.
- Heat the ghee (2kin a frying pan.
- Pour a ladle of batter, allow it to settle towards the edges of the pan.
- Keep pouring more batter until the thick layer is formed.
- Fry at the medium temperature to a golden brown colour. Drain well.
- Sweeten with sugar syrup, sprinkle some mava and dry fruits on top. Also you can serve with firni.