Gheeyar By Ranveer Brar
Gheeyar is a huge jalebi which the Sindhis make during Holi. Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for this crunchy jalebi. One bite and you will fall in love with this jalebi.Read More
- 1 kg sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp edible saffron colour
- oil for frying
- rose petals
- silver balls
- Heat water in a pan and add sugar to make a sugar syrup. Add lemon juice, saffron and mix well.
- Whisk yoghurt, water and all purpose flour in a bowl to make a batter. Add baking soda, ghee, edible saffron colour and mix well.
- Let the batter rest for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a cloth to make a parcel. Drop the jalebis in hot oil using the cloth parcel.
- Transfer the jalebis to a plate and pour the sugar syrup over it. Garnish it almonds, pistachios, rose petals, silver balls. Gheeyar is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.