These gram flour dumplings simmered in spicy curd gravy are simply irresistible.Read More
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3/4 tbsp turmeric powde
- For the gatte put gram flour in a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, dry mango powder and lukewarm water.
- Mix and prepare a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a long cylindrical shape.
- Cut into small slices, to form the gatte.
- Boil water in a pan and add the clarified butter.
- Boil the gatte for 2 3 minutes.
- Heat another pan for the gravy.
- Add clarified butter, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and lukewarm water.
- Stir and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add thick curd, which has been steamed for 5 min, and keep stirring the mixture for some time.
- Add the boiled gatte.
- Add salt and simmer for some time.
- Serve the gatte hot, garnished with a dollop of desi ghee.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.