Garlic Bread By Sujithra Baskar
No yeast for baking bread, here is the no yeast yummy garlic bread !Read More
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup (250ml)
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste (a pinch would be enough)
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mixed Italian Herbs - 1 tsp
- Curd - 2 tsp (Sour curd will be more effective)
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup (100ml approat room temperature
- Water - 3 tsp (For kneading)
- Salted Butter - 3tsp at room temperature
- Garlic - 2 tsp crushed and 3 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- Coriander - 2 tsp chopped
- Mozzarella Cheese/Pizza Cheese - 50gm
- Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Mix maida,sugar,salt,baking powder,baking soda,mixed italian herbs,curd,oil,milk,water in a bowl.
- Knead the mix for ten minutes to make a dough. The dough should be soft.
- Apply a little oil over the dough and leave it covered with a thin cloth(muslin clotfor one hour.
- Meanwhile take the salted butter, crushed garlic and 1/2 tsp mixed italian herbs and give a good mix. This is for the garlic bread stuffing.
- After an hour take the dough and knead it for a minute.
- Make a ball of the dough. Apply a little all purpose flour/maida and roll it will your rolling pin. This should like our traditional chapati making or paratha making.
- Make a thin round shaped paratha. (not very thin).
- Now over the half of the paratha apply the garlic butter mix all over evenly. Add some chopped fresh coriander and grated mozzarella cheese/pizza cheese.Add the sliced garlic.
- Make sure you place the stuffing in one semi half of the paratha.
- Apply some water at the ends of the paratha.
- Now fold it into half and press the ends to stick. (This should look like a moon).
- Place this in a greased Pizza plate or regular plate. (Avoid steel it tends to burn, you can use aluminum or iron plate).
- Make some cuts in between as slices. Not very deep cuts. This will help us slice the garlic bread later.
- To bake in pressure cooker - Place some salt in the cooker base and heat in low/medium heat for 10 min. Do not burn. Place a stand/deep bowl and on top of place the garlic bread plate. Cover and cook 20-25min. Do not put weight in the cooker.
- To bake in an OTG - preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius and bake for 25min.
- After 25 min - Your garlic bread is ready :).
- Cut the garlic bread thru the slices and enjoy.